Hello, my name is Angelia!
But you can call me An. I'm a designer based in Japan. My passion is to turn a complex problem into a beautiful, intuitive solutions by understanding users' need and business value.
I've been working on crafting digital experience for the past 4 years. I worked with Rakuten and Sony and I was entrusted to design some fundamental service such as Rakuten Pay LITE online payment and Sony Global Websites. My design process involves in-depth user research as well as data analytics. I believe that qualitative and quantitative research are equally important in crafting a better user experience.
If I'm not designing, I'm usually travelling, taking photos, and writing my experience on my blog. I do sports too. I'm really forward talking to you.
Download PDFEnglish Resume || 履歴書 || 職務経歴書
Although the period we worked was quite limited, Stefanie has contributed to our project quite a lot from design work perspective. The project was insurtech/fintech service so normally takes time for one to catch up given its complexity. Some colleagues were non English speaker so she needed to communicate in Japanese and it was completely fine process. We would welcome her back anytime!Kaz Hata - CEO JustInCase
Within short time, Angelia became integral part of our group by taking responsibility of UX design. She is a very quick learner and is always ready to take new challenges with technologiesAbinash - Engineer at Rakuten
I had chance to work with her in her first front end development project in the group. She adapted to the technologies used very quickly and gave constant creative inputs in the UX design and wrote some quality JS codes.
Angelia is a very self driven and motivated individual. At the work place she strives for perfection in all her work and does not mind going the extra mile to produce top-notch results. Personally, I've worked closely with her on a number of projects and I have seen her grow from a complete novice to an expert that is able to hold her own and more. Even if the work requires a specific knowledge set that she has yet to acquire, she always learns quickly on the job and produces timely satisfactory results.Engineer at Rakuten
Tokyo, Japan || 2018 March - Present
- Localized DAZN as a service in Japan and continuously shipping improvement, including conducting user research, mapping customer journey to planning usability test
- Communicated with product team in UK to understand and interpret project requirements
- Enhanced current interface with compelling contents and graphics
- Transformed wireframes into creative mock-up for wide array of interface such as responsive website, iOS and Android, Smart TVs, VR and game console.
- Defined user journey/scenario and edge cases for each projects
- DAZN tiered pricing and free content project
- DAZN x Spotify Premium collaboration
- Smart TV improvement
- Implementing new payment method to DAZN
- Landing page improvement
Tokyo, Japan || 2017 October - 2018 February
Client: Sony Japan
- Provided advisory services to Sony Japan in user experience, website planning and improvement.
- Provided website analytics and improvement for Sony Japan. Managing analytics and SEO for more than 100 global sites.
Client: Japan Tobacco
- Ideating, designing, and protyping Japan Tobacco site to promote smoking manners and manners in general for Japanese tourist.
- Generating some contents for the promotional webpage.
Client: Just inCase (insurance technology start-up)
- Delivered improvement for JustinCase landing page
- Designing the onboarding flow and experience for iOS mobile app
Tokyo, Japan || 2015 September - 2017 September
- Managed multiple UI/UX projects in Rakuten Pay, made design decisions, and crafted UI/UX guidelines to maintain design consistency.
- Produced wireframes and mock-ups for wide array of websites using Photoshop and Sketch App. Implemented design in HTML5, CSS or JS.
- Cross-functional reviews for any designed product, managing stakeholders’ interest and ensuring high-quality deliverables.
- Reduced maintenance efforts by 50% by merging a mobile and desktop version of site to a single responsive version
- Formulated user patterns based on statistical data from Adobe Analytics such as customer behavior profiles
- Implemented layout automated tests with Galen Framework and reduced the manual testing time by over 50% by automated granular layout tests over multiple devices
- Designed and implemented products for merchants and shoppers
Keio University || Graduate School of Media Design
Tokyo, Japan || 2013 September - 2015 September
Master of Media Design - Cum Laude (3.91 / 4.4)
Honors: Dean list and valedictorian (修士総代) for 2015 Autumn Batch Graduation
Pelita Harapan University || Faculty of Computer Science
Banten, Indonesia || 2009 September - 2012 September
Bachelor of Informatics - Cum Laude (3.66 / 4.0)
Expertise: Software engineering and Human-Computer Interaction
- Design Thinking
- Interaction Flow Map
- Wireframing & Interface Prototyping
- Persona & User Journey
- Usability Testing
- Website Analytics
- Sketch , Figma
- Photoshop - Illustrator
- Marvel, Invision, Framer, Principle
- Google Analytics
- Clicktale & Optimizely
- Github (versioning)
- CSS (Less/SASS)
- Command Line Tool
- Bootstrap & Wordpress